Friday, February 10, 2012

Time to Re-Evaluate...

Having time to re-evaluate my life lately has brought so many things to light.  In the past I always wanted to please people (to a fault sometimes) and tried to go out of my way to make sure everyone "liked" me.  This led me to neglecting some of the things that matter most to me in my life.  I found myself doing things I didn't necessarily want to do and stressing out about things that were outside of my control. 

With our infertility struggles, I often found myself trying to surround myself with people constantly.  I have recently come to terms with being alone.  Just because I'm alone doesn't mean I'm "lonely".  I have an amazing husband, who I admit, I have totally taken for granted in the past, an incredibly supportive family and a handful of great friends that love me for me, flaws and all.  For so many years, I have allowed our infertility to consume me.  Finding the strength to come to terms with this has been one of the toughest fights I've ever fought.  This doesn't mean we are giving up, it just means that I have found a new outlet to deal with this constant battle.  I am, in turn, trying harder and harder to live my life with the "Everything Happens For A Reason," mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment