Friday, February 15, 2013

A Beautiful Sunny Friday

Every once in a while my husband does something to surprise me.  Two years ago, an old co-worker and I were talking about how our significant others had never sent us flowers on Valentine's Day.  Literally five minutes later a gorgeous bouquet walked through the office door.  I was shocked to hear the delivery guy ask for me.  This year, just hours after I had posted about not going out to dinner anymore on Valentine's Day, the love of my life called me and told me not to make dinner.  Much to my surprise, he had made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants here.  The best part of my evening though was him handing me not one, but two cards!  One addressed to "Wife" and the other one was addressed to "Mom".  Tears instantly filled my eyes.  My thoughtful and loving husband bought me my first official mom card from our twins!  It's little things like this that remind me of why I fell in love with this man 12 and a half years ago!  This will truly be one of the most memorable Valentine's.  Not because I received some outrageous piece of jewelry or a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, but because of the little things! We sat and enjoyed our meal over the course of two hours and agreed that while our lives have certainly changed, we are both utterly and completely in love with each other and we don't mind the quiet life that we lead now.





No comments:

Post a Comment