Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mama Bragging Moment

We all know I'm not shy about bragging about my kids and my husband, but I am really going to brag now.  

My perfectly gorgeous baby girl won a "Model Search" for a boutique clothing designer.  When I opened my Facebook and had a message from Carole at Nana Peaches Baby letting me know Peyton had won her model search contest, I was so excited.  If you know me, you know I am definitely not a "Toddlers and Tiaras" kind of mom, but I figured what the heck it was a simple submit your picture to our Facebook page kind of contest. As I was communicating back and forth with Carole, she emailed me asking if in addition to her gift certificate she also gave her a pink and white chevron day gown, would we be interested in having photos taken of her wearing it and allow them to be used on their website.  It didn't take me long to think about that one.  I love the dress she was referring to and we have an amazing photographer in my dear friend Shannon Mae.  I, of course, think my babies are absolutely gorgeous, but to know that someone wants to use my little pumpkin on their website just tickles me. 




This is the photo we submitted.  
I mean really, I think it was a no brainer!

This little girl melts my heart over and over again, day in and day out.  Her smile is infectious, her eyes sparkle and she's quickly gone from my almost 6lb newborn to an 11lb baby with loads of personality.  I can't imagine a life without her or her brother (who I'll have to feature in my next post!).  We recently had to take the hammock/sling out of their bath tub (they've sadly outgrown it already) and her first bath without it was so adorable! Note to self: never leave my phone in the kitchen during bath time now!  This was her first experience with sitting directly in the water with her hands and feet free to splash.  Her first little kick and splash startled her for a brief moment, but after that she couldn't contain herself! She wiggled, kicked and squealed with excitement.  I sat there and just watched, thanking God (and Dr. Hesla) for the precious gifts he has given us.


What perfection looks like through my eyes!

I'll have to do a freezer meal update in the near future.  So far, I think all the recipes I've tried have actually been a success!  Guess it's time to start keeping track of the recipes, photographing them and sharing them with you!  But for now, I've got ribs on the smoker and babies waking up, so that will have to wait until next time!  Happy Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment