Sunday, December 29, 2013

Easy Peasy Salsa

About 12 years ago my hubby and I were out on a houseboat with my brother and their friends on Lake Shasta.  His friend Chad made this delicious salsa and when I saw how easy it was, it became my go to recipe.  In fact, I've never made another salsa.

All you need is a food processor and the following ingredients:
7-9 Roma Tomatoes (remove the inside meat & seeds)
Cilantro (varied amount depending on your taste preference)
1 Jalapeno or Serrano Chili (with or without seeds depending on your heat preference)
1/2 Yellow Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Can of Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
Salt and lime to taste

Cut and deseed jalapeno, cut into quarters
Add Cilantro (I use about a half of a bunch without the stems)
Add roughly chopped onion

 Cut tomatoes in half, removing the inside "meat"
Roughly chop two cloves of garlic
Add can of stewed tomatoes, slightly drained
Add the juice of a half a lime
Add a pinch or two of sea salt

Pulse the ingredients in your food processor to the desired consistency.


Ta-da! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment