Thursday, December 26, 2013

Our First Christmas

I've had to hold back tears several times over the past few days.  This year though, it's tears of joy, excitement and pride.  Every time I have looked at our gorgeous family photo or watched my rapidly growing babies play, I've had a huge smile cross my face and tears well up in my eyes.


I love this photo of our family.  I think I may have already shared one very similar to it from our photo shoot, but this one was on our Christmas card.
 

I love Waterford Crystal and I love Mumm Champagne.  Add the two together in front of a Christmas tree on December 23rd after all the presents are finally purchased and wrapped and it's a thing of beauty!


Some people (like my husband) say I went overboard for the babies only being 7 months old, but truth is, if they weren't here there would still be this many gifts under the tree.  There would be just a few differences.  For one, my world would not be complete and the toy quads and rocking horses would not be there.


 This little girl finally cut her first tooth and has been a trooper through it all.  With her second one on the way, you can tell she's uncomfortable, but she's still as sweet as can be.


 This picture sums up my little man lately.  He is fully on the move, already pulling himself up to a stand while holding onto things and trying so hard to stand and walk on his own! I wish he could understand me when I tell him 7 months is too early and to slow down.


I had hoped the fight over presents wouldn't start for a few more years, but as you can see, they are already at each other.  It was more about the bows and paper though than the gifts inside.


We took the babies to Christmas morning mass.  I wasn't sure how they would handle it, especially with Peyton teething and Lukas wanting to be exploring everything on his own.  Unless he is tired, he really isn't interested in being held much lately. They did surprisingly well.  We made it through 45 minutes of the hour long service.


Isn't she the cutest??


I know I'm getting older and officially a mom now because honestly, I was as excited about the La Creuset cookware that my wonderful husband got me and the newest cookbook from my idol Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman as I was the day I got my Louis Vuitton handbag a few years ago.  At least twice a week I make one of her recipes that I've seen by recording her show on Food Network.  If you had asked me what "famous' person I wanted to have dinner with a couple years ago, it would have been Kobe Bryant (go ahead insert inappropriate comments here).  Now, hands down, it would be Ree.  She has actually inspired me to start photographing the world around me and blogging more.


This is the aftermath on Christmas night.  Makes me tired just looking at it!  You should have seen the kitchen, boy o boy, that was a disaster.  Luckily for me, my sweet sweet hubby did ALL of the dishes while I got the babies down for the night.


Less than 12 hours later, the tree is gone, laundry is started and the decorations are packed up until next year.   I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday, surrounded by family, love and traditions!


1 comment: