Friday, December 27, 2013

Thanks Pinterest....

What happens when you are a stay at home mom and realize that your twins' first birthday is just over 4 months away?  Prior to Pinterest, you'd probably start thinking about a theme or just file it away in the back of your brain that it's coming up and know you'll need to start planning something in a couple months.  But no, now, thanks to Pinterest, I've turned into a crazy person looking up ideas, planning and scheming.  Yes, I've already picked a date, now let's hope the weather cooperates because let's face it, my house isn't big enough if it decides to rain. It's going to be a Boots & Bows BBQ to celebrate these little munchkins.  Is it crazy that I've already picked a date and a theme? I don't think so.  Crazy would be waiting til the last minute to pull something together.


Look at these eyes! No, I did not alter them.


On another note, I mentioned that I pretty much idolize The Pioneer Woman recently.  I made a few of her recipes this week (both desserts).  The first was her peanut butter pie.  I cut the recipe back from 1 and 1/4 cups of powdered sugar to 1 cup and it was still incredibly sweet.  I think I will attempt it again but will be the powdered sugar back even further.  The second one was a non-traditional blackberry cobbler.  This one was a keeper for sure.  My hubby said it was the best dessert I've made.  I personally cannot wait to make it next summer with fresh peaches.  Sorry I don't have pictures of either, I spaced on taking photos of them in all the chaos of Christmas.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment